Friday, January 25, 2008

Ap Bio Cell Respiration Analysis

Miguel

Miguel Garcia looks to provide full view in the distance. Across from his property is the largest gold mine in Latin America, Yanacocha, a company which is in U.S. hand, eating large wounds since 1993 in the countryside of Cajamarca region of northern Peru.

Miguel looks more and more surrounded by this greedy monster that encircles him by and by, the noose draws ever closer around his neck. For years, Miguel wants to buy the mine's land, for years he refused to leave his land.

The record price of almost 1000 USD for one ounce of gold, the greed of the company becomes larger, the pressure on Miguel is also growing. Many others before him have sold, are now living in the city, live in a hole begging on the street for alms. Also, Miguel's sister has sold several years ago their land to the mine. The money that they for their Land has received, is now long spent, a new livelihood but it has not commanded the mine. "What I do in the city?" - Ask Miguel. "I am a farmer, I grew up in this country have learned nothing. If I sell, I do not deprive myself just the livelihood, but also my wife, my eight children, my five grandchildren. I can not think of me. What will become of my children if I sell everything I own? "

The company does not like people like Miguel. He complains about the increasing pollution caused by the zyanidbasierte gold mining, the dwindling water sources, the fear of poisoning. His cattle, he must now be treated with medication more frequently than before. All effects of the mine, which operated nearby.

Miguel gets because of his open opposition time and again into the sights of the huge mine in Cajamarca by the police on the regional government to hospitals, doctors, security staff and official authorities corrupts everyone and everything checked. Three trials are currently underway against him penetrate as the employees of the mine on his land without authorization, rights not arrested about this, but in an instant the tables turned and Miguel has a method for the resistance against the state neck.

"Put yourself not with us" is the clear message that Miguel is replaced by the mine and its security forces and over again. And in fact, other peasant leaders have been paid as to the life that they have made mine too aggressive in its path. Of fear but Miguel will not hear: "I fear not death, for we must die all at some point. The only thing we should fear us humans, God's righteous Judgement is upon us. "

0 comments:

Post a Comment