Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Ordering A Snowboard From The House

Corner View ::: Pondering

I'm hooked on Corner View. Not only visiting foreign lives and cultures all over the world but also contemplating over a topic that is outside my normal horizon of blogging.


This week the topic is ***pondering***.
Quite a difficult vocabulary for me. I know how to use the word while talking English. Thinking about it in my mother language is different.
pondering? Thinking? Something in the mind back and forth?
In my family there is even a family-internal word for it: "May beetles". No idea how it arose.

Anyway ....
Pondering on this topic my mind went into twists. Pondering - pond sent me to this lady: Femme sur un banc.

She sits in the beautiful sculpture garden of the Fondation Gianadda in Martigny, Switzerland.
Her bench is next to a peaceful pond.
Every time I have the chance I go and visit her. Sometimes I even make a detour to sit next to her.
She sits there very relaxed with her sun glasses on her hair. Or is she not as relaxed as it seems and she is pondering about an issue?
Probably I will never know.
If George Segal, the creator, knows?

In case you have the slightest chance to see this Fondation: Go for it!!!!
It's not only worth for seeing my friend, but the whole is something very special.


More Corner Views of this beautiful World:




0 comments:

Post a Comment