Thursday, September 23, 2010

Lynsey Dawn Mckenzie 16

Turquoise flowers remind me of summer


Yesterday started the fall - calendar wise. Summer has long ends in Northern Germany and I'm already sick of gray, rainy, short days.
Here I'm showing my adventures into crochet, not my priority normally. I could not resist this one book, so crochet hooks were in my travel bags for Corsica in July.
"Flowers" in cool colors Mediterrenean decorate two lovely old houses in the summer heat.
I have so much longing in my heart, so soon I want to pack again for the South - hunting for the sun - the colors - the sea - the romarin - the rocks.



The calendrical autumn went yesterday to the north off with a beautiful summer day. Otherwise, here is
long been anything but sunshine and summer. As much as I fall colors may seem, I am in no way ready for the upcoming dark gray season, which here always so endlessly long lasting. I think I will write many summer posts.

Despite much bad weather, I was not very active on the notebook, as must occur after a long pause, the priority in health-related work and budget.
Not to mention, I am because of my foot is still twice a week for the ladies with the magic hands. Above all, I can again make sport, I'm better than some other.
So come November, comes new camera is more interested in documentation.

5lz5u8 Kopie

During the above period, I was surfing endlessly not only in blogs, but a uch in fabric and book stores.
Even if I do not really like crochet lace and only sometimes, I could not resist photos from this book easy.







Thus ended in July crochet needles and cotton waste in my luggage and here one of the results of their shady wine adorned on the breakfast terrace.


In the gardens of two wonderful, very differently situated, Corsican old houses were built in summer heat, "flowers" in cool Mediterranean colors.




This former mill is located next to a river with swimming holes in the Castagniccia, the hilly area east of Corsica. Its landscape is characterized by deep chestnut forests. In earlier times, the chestnut flour is one of the main economic products. Today
rent the house as a summer house. Unfortunately, there was no album with references to the earlier history. During the day I was on my search for traces an old canal, laboriously carved into the rocky ravine above the river course. This water is likely have driven the Mahlrad in the basement of the house.



As nice as it was there, my heart beats more for the scarcity of, or otherwise green Mediterranean landscape of pines, scrub, rosemary and cactuses.

is where I make myself soon again to look for the sun
*** *** *** the colors of the vastness of the sea, the rocks *** *** *** .





0 comments:

Post a Comment