Wednesday, September 15, 2010

What Difference Between Emergency And Advisory

Corner View ::: Seven



I really like the chance to reflect my life in terms of Corner View.

This week the topic is Seven.
I'm into rock climbing. Routes are not only but mainly described by a number.
This number indicates the difficulty. There are different scales in the world. I talk about the UIAA 7 that is used in Germany.
7 was my personal goal.

In former times of the heroic alpine climbers that was the very top.
For the young sport climbers of today it's just the start.

Being able to climb a (german) 7 allows a greater choice of rock, of mountains, of routes.
I never really managed the 7, just scratched it a bit.

But over the years I did climb some fantastic routes. As you can see I prefer the ones near directly at the sea.

On the picture below is one of the more relaxed ones,above my most exciting one. Yes, I was scared. Yes, it was worth it in many aspects. It felt great to do something like this at least once in my life.

Last year I was really in shape, with my body and mental.
This year I only started last weekend - very careful - with very easy routes.

Btw, around the world there are different scales. Mostly I climb in Southern Europe. With the scale used there I would never even think of a 7.
But for this post I needed the German scale ;-)

Probably the most boring post about climbing, rambling about a 7.


This week you can see the links to further Corner Views at tressfam .

*******************************************************************

Thanks for all your so friendly, nice, appreciated comments.
Yes, I did see quite some places of this beautiful world.
But I also saw many years already.

Although this is 'already' my second post after a long summer break I'm still not really back into posting, reading and commenting. I guess this might go on for a while.
I'm spending a lot of time at the physiotherapeut and try to do as much yoga and walking besides my full-time job, for the benefit of my good-healing foot.
Sorry, if I don't come back to you as I did before.

*******************************************************************


0 comments:

Post a Comment